[meteorite-list] Earths core

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 10 06:43:37 2004

Hi Stan,

Yes, Sorry Got my fusion and fission mixed up, and misread your post!

 I think looking for anti neutrinos would be the way to go, since these
would indicate a nuclear reaction, and they travel through rock without
hindrance.

In the article I read, the scientists, suggested that they had already
detected some anti-Neutrino's but couldn't prove that they came directly
from the core (their detectors had no directional information) but they
reckon they know a way to work out the direction the particles are
coming from.

They want to build a detector, and the best place seems to be the
tropical island of Curacao ...hmm suspicious!!! :) - This is supposedly
because of the very low radiation background on the islands, and nothing
to do with it being a tropical paradise...

Best!
Mark