[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger Letter; July 26, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 30 19:04:49 2004

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
July 26, 1952
Dear Harvey,
I have just received your letter of July 22 and have written Dr. Harvill that I do not understand that there were any requirements as to where you should work. I am sure that is right, and that he will find it so when he looks over the correspondences. I certainly had no idea of restricting your work to Mexico, or to any other region. I fancy that there is opportunity for some good work in Arizona.
It is delightfully cool here and we are enjoying it very much. A 14-day hot spell has just ended in New England, during which it went into the nineties practically every day -- the last day to 100; official, with readings of 105 to 110 unofficially down where people live. It is said this is one of the longest spell of such heat in 81 years. Up here we know nothing about it; our highest temperature was 78, usually from 70 to 75.
Mrs. Perry joins in best regard to you and Mrs. Nininger,
(Stuart Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original sent to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor and meteorite articles.