[meteorite-list] Amgala vs. Zag

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

Hello John D., Jeff K., and All,

I agree with Jeff's remarks that the crust on Amgalas looks more "velvet-like".
My cut Amgala slice (8.5 grams) which I got from the Hupes has brownish
subangular clasts and dark, chondrule-rich material into which the light-brown
clasts seem to be embedded. The dark matrix areas are more dominant and
broader in my Amgala slice whereas they look more delicate and vein-like in
my Zag pieces. The overall texture of the matrix is coarser in my Amgala than
in my Zags and my Zags also have a bluish or grayish hue and, moreover, no
light-brown clasts.

I am attaching two JPEGs of the two pieces I am comparing with my private mail
to John D. AMGZAG-01 was taken in daylight but not in the sun. AMGZAG-02
was taken in the afternoon sun.

Best wishes,

Bernd