[meteorite-list] Question about find in Ft.Walton Beach, FL

From: ajones_at_siliconspace.com <ajones_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

Hi Mark;

Very interesting question. I grew up in that area but moved out west around
the time in question. I do remember a local news story sometime in the
early 80's about a supposed daytime event in Ft. Walton Beach. I hadn't
become interested in meteorites yet so didn't really follow the story but I
recall reading a newspaper article about something that 'landed' on a local
road, creating a small hole or crater. I don't remember reading about
anything being recovered, and I'm not even sure the article mentioned this
being meteorite related. Since becoming interested in meteorites I've
attempted to find more information about this but have never had any luck.

Best Regards, Art