[meteorite-list] Classification question

From: Solvænget <lbp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

Hello Pierre-Marie

First of all... there is no stupid questions - only stupid answers :-)

We all have to start somewhere.
I am no expert, but I will try to give you a simple answer.

L3.6 means it is a petrographic grade 3, and the .6 part=20
refers to the term thermoluminescence which is a further division of =
grade 3 types. (here we need the experts to explain)

L3-6 means it is a brechiated stone with mixed parts from all the =
petrographic grades from 3 to 6 acreated into one stony object.

For the H5/6 I am not sure, but I would say it is a transistional type =
between type 5 and 6.

Please listmembers correct me if I am wrong.... I dont have my books =
here so I may be incorrect in some parts.

Best wishes
Lars Pedersen

----- Original Message -----=20