[meteorite-list] Stuart to Nininger, Feb 19, 1951

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:13 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C41E08.5BBAB1B0

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)

February 19, 1951
Dear Nininger:
I have your letter of February 16 and I am glad that you liked the pictur=
es and report from Herbenar. I think his observations are wholly reliable=

As to the Baja California iron, I am willing to go halves on the expense,=
 but with one provise. If you should get only small samples of the big ma=
ss, or none at all, then I should like a substantial piece of your 209 po=
und mass. I hope this suggestion appeals to you favorably, and if so it i=
s a deal.
I should like nothing better than to go with you on the expedition, but u=
nfortunately it is out of the question. I am so tied up with plans for ou=
r return, via San Francisco with a stop in California, that I can't make =
it.
With best regards,
Sincerely,
(Stuart Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original se=
nt to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C41E08.5BBAB1B0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)</P> <P>&=
nbsp;</P> <P>February 19, 1951</P> <P>Dear Nininger:</P> <P>I have your l=
etter of February 16 and I am glad that you liked the pictures and report=
 from Herbenar. I think his observations are wholly reliable.</P> <P>As t=
o the Baja California iron, I am willing to go halves on the expense, but=
 with one provise. If you should get only small samples of the big mass, =
or none at all, then I should like a substantial piece of your 209 pound =
mass. I hope this suggestion appeals to you favorably, and if so it is a =
deal.</P> <P>I should like nothing better than to go with you on the expe=
dition, but unfortunately it is out of the question. I am so tied up with=
 plans for our return, via San Francisco with a stop in California, that =
I can't make it.</P> <P>With best regards,</P> <P>Sincerely,</P> <P>(Stua=
rt Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original sent to=
 Nininger would have been signed by Perry)</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C41E08.5BBAB1B0--