[meteorite-list] Nininger to Perry Letter, Dec. 8, 1950

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:12 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0042_01C41D0B.E7156000

(American Meteorite Museum Letterhead)
AMERICAN METEORITE MUSUEM
OPPOSITE METEOR CRATER ON HIGHWAY 66
POST OFFICE BOX 1171
WINSLOW ARIZONA

December 8, 1950
Dear Friend Perry:
Regarding our proposed collection tour via exchanges and otherwise. We ha=
ve not yet gotten figures on the cost of the trip but think it should run=
 $2500 to $3000. We should prefer that participants invest $500-$1000 eac=
h so that fruits do not have to be too evenly divided, it would, of cours=
e, be simpler if only one party would put up all of the cash cost. Then w=
e just half the results but that seems a bit heavy to ask.
I do not think there is any dolt about being able, with our exchanges, to=
 acquire ample values for the investment as we shall take some very desir=
able specimens. As you will readily see we are the ones who are really ta=
king most of the risks. But with our new book and other credentials we fe=
el sure of decent treatment.
We are open to suggestions as to the number of participants, etc.
Sincerely,
(signed)
H.H. Nininger
HHN: AN

------=_NextPart_001_0042_01C41D0B.E7156000

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(American Meteorite Museum Letterhead)</P> <P>AMERICAN METEORITE MUS=
UEM</P> <P>OPPOSITE METEOR CRATER ON HIGHWAY 66</P> <P>POST OFFICE BOX 11=
71</P> <P>WINSLOW ARIZONA</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>December 8, 1950</P> <P>De=
ar Friend Perry:</P> <P>Regarding our proposed collection tour via exchan=
ges and otherwise. We have not yet gotten figures on the cost of the trip=
 but think it should run $2500 to $3000. We should prefer that participan=
ts invest $500-$1000 each so that fruits do not have to be too evenly div=
ided, it would, of course, be simpler if only one party would put up all =
of the cash cost. Then we just half the results but that seems a bit heav=
y to ask.</P> <P>I do not think there is any dolt about being able, with =
our exchanges, to acquire ample values for the investment as we shall tak=
e some very desirable specimens. As you will readily see we are the ones =
who are really taking most of the risks. But with our new book and other =
credentials we feel sure of decent treatment.</P> <P>We are open to sugge=
stions as to the number of participants, etc.</P> <P>Sincerely,</P> <P>(s=
igned)</P> <P>H.H. Nininger</P> <P>HHN: AN</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0042_01C41D0B.E7156000--