[meteorite-list] OT: I am back

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:12 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0021_01C41C30.E7A08080

Hello Everyone,
Well.....I guess I am back. =20
I have to be honest, it is hard for me to get upset....and even harder fo=
r me to remain upset. Strange thing happened yesterday. I went out to eat=
 with my mother and father. While this may not sound to strange, you shou=
ld understand neither has spoken in 15 years and neither seemed to have a=
ny desire. They are now retirement age and my dad returned home last year=
, after doing aircraft contract work the last 10 years. My mother returne=
d from the Philippines last year as well. Their dislike for each other ha=
d me organizing two Thanksgiving dinners and two Christmas dinners. Yet, =
yesterday they sat across the table beside each other, neither fighting f=
or the empty seat besides me. Sometimes it takes a few days for someone t=
o calm down, sometimes it takes 15 years I guess.
I get a mass of meteorite e-mails from "newbies" and I try to answer them=
 the best I can. From time to time I get referenced from someone I consi=
der well-know ledged and from at other times I get contacted by various o=
rganizations. Google seems to like my website and I sure that helps attr=
act these e-mails as well. There are many list members that know a lot mo=
re then me, several have nicer collections then me and as a hunter, I hav=
e to be somewhere in the bottom tier. It is hard for me to consider mysel=
f an "expert" in a field I feel mostly overshadowed by my peers. So I am =
humbled by the responses I have gotten via e-mail from list members about=
 our latest "tiff". I am humbled my thoughts have any emotional effects =
on others.
So, I am back, and I will try not to let "repeat" this last week. Not so =
much in self-censorship but more so in sending e-mails to the list. I und=
erstand now greater Mike Farmer's list "fights". He is emotionally attach=
ed to meteorites, and his e-mails come from this emotion. Perhaps I am mo=
re emotionally attached to these rocks then I realized. And while I never=
 considered myself that great of a contributor to the list, it is quite c=
lear from your e-mails (and phone calls) that many of you do. =20
I ask that you forgive me for not keeping my typically cool head, and per=
haps for making a small situation worse. I will try not to feed the ducks=
 from now on, or let others make me a duck.

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com
www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
www.imca.cc

------=_NextPart_001_0021_01C41C30.E7A08080

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><BR><FONT size=
=3D2> <P>Hello Everyone,</P> <P>Well.....I guess I am back. </P> <P>I hav=
e to be honest, it is hard for me to get upset....and even harder for me =
to remain upset. Strange thing happened yesterday. I went out to eat with=
 my mother and father. While this may not sound to strange, you should un=
derstand neither has spoken in 15 years and neither seemed to have any de=
sire. They are now retirement age and my dad returned home last year, aft=
er doing aircraft contract work the last 10 years. My mother returned fro=
m the Philippines last year as well. Their dislike for each other had me =
organizing two Thanksgiving dinners and two Christmas dinners. Yet, yeste=
rday they sat across the table beside each other, neither fighting for th=
e empty seat besides me. Sometimes it takes a few days for someone to cal=
m down, sometimes it takes 15 years I guess.</P> <P>I get a mass of meteo=
rite e-mails from "newbies" and I try to answer them the best I can.&nbsp=
; From time to time I get referenced from someone I consider well-know le=
dged&nbsp;and from at other times I get contacted by various organization=
s.&nbsp; Google seems to like my website and I sure that helps attract th=
ese e-mails as well. There are many list members that know a lot more the=
n me, several have nicer collections then me and as a hunter, I have to b=
e somewhere in the bottom tier. It is hard for me to consider myself an "=
expert" in a field I feel mostly overshadowed by my peers. So I am humble=
d by the responses I have gotten via e-mail from list members about our l=
atest "tiff".&nbsp; I am humbled my thoughts have any emotional effects o=
n others.</P> <P>So, I am back, and I will try not to let "repeat" this l=
ast week. Not so much in self-censorship but more so in sending e-mails t=
o the list. I understand now greater Mike Farmer's list "fights". He is e=
motionally attached to meteorites, and his e-mails come from this emotion=
 Perhaps I am more emotionally attached to these rocks then I realized. =
And while I never considered myself that great of a contributor to the li=
st, it is quite clear from your e-mails (and phone calls) that many of yo=
u do. </P> <P>I ask that you forgive me for not keeping my typically cool=
 head, and perhaps for making a small situation worse. I will try not to =
feed the ducks from now on, or let others make me a duck.</P> <P>&nbsp;</=
oritesociety.com</P> <P>www.imca.cc</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0021_01C41C30.E7A08080--