[meteorite-list] Re: proud tom: serious retort

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:11 2004

Hi Fred and all,
        In addition to Fred's comments I would like to add that humor has
many therapeutic aspects, as well. Not the least of which is to add a
definite degree of objectivity - NOT that humor, in itself, is objective,
but that by exposing the idiotic side of reality, a sort of equilibrium
or objectivity is more easily perceived.
        One of the reasons there are SO any ("spats," shall we call them) is
that people lose perspective. Proud Tom provides a bit of insight into
needed readjustment of perspective..... Thanks, Proud Tom.
        Best wishes to all, Michael

--
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably
meant don't kill them.
           Anonymous
--
For perspective, try THIS:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html
--
cool message fro Ben & Jerry:
www.TrueMajority.org/oreo
--
AMAZING photos of Aurora Borealis, etc.
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/atmosphere.htm
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--