[meteorite-list] Putting things in perspective

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:11 2004

Hi all,

I've been on our list for several years but astronomy takes up most of
my *free time*. I get the digest and try to check it at least a couple
of times a week. Seems like I missed most of the bad stuff and that's
probably just as well. I'm on the moderator team of a large (6000
people) yahoo group for people who take astro pics with digital cameras
so I know that sometimes things can go sour. Unfortunately, some people
just don't play well with others! I know most of the folks here know
how to behave on a list. Whenever I get discouraged I always turn to
the night sky to help me put things in perspective. Just so happens I
have a beautiful Muong Nong layered tektite which always reminds me of
the night sky when I look at it in just the right light. I took some
pics of it today and then decided to play around a bit. Into the *night
sky* shown on the polished face of the Muong Nong I placed a picture I
took a few weeks ago of Comet C/2002 T7. Although there is really no
direct connection between the comet and the Muong Nong they still make a
nice composite image. Hope you all enjoy it.

http://velatron.com/dca/ginger/muongnung_comet_t7.jpg

Here is a more normal picture of the Muong Nong

http://velatron.com/dca/ginger/muongnong01.jpg

And here is my original picture of the comet, taken 2-16-04.

http://velatron.com/dca/ginger/comet._T7_21604rework.jpg

Ginger Mayfield
Divide, CO - where it's snowing and foggy