[meteorite-list] OT: Italy power outage

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:01 2004

Hi All,

Talk about unfortunate coincidences -- while flipping through the
AM radio channels in the predawn hours of Saturday morning (while
driving out to Lucerne Valley), I paused on Los Angeles KFI-640
just long enough to hear some kook calling in to the George
Nory (spelling?) "Coast-to-Coast" show predicting a nearby supernova
for Sunday. He said the shockwave would knock out the electrical
grid worldwide (but paradoxically said no one would be killed --
a neat trick). I'm sure the caller will consider today's Italian
power outtage a confirmation of his predictive abilities... :-(

--Rob