[meteorite-list] India fireball (vs. satellite debris)

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:01 2004

Hi Alex,

> P.S.: could it have been a decaying satellite? I don=B4t have the
> update files for the day this happened in India, but may be
> Rob Matson has - who else, if not him? :-)

Thanks for the vote of confidence -- alas, I haven't been keeping
up to date with pending reentries for several months. In this
case, given the short duration of visibility (8 seconds) I would
assume that we're talking about a meteoroid rather than space
debris. Haven't seen any chatter on Seesat-L to suggest otherwise.

Cheers,
Rob