Fw: [meteorite-list] RE: NP Article, 12-1950 Meteorite Crater Found in Canada

From: Robert Szep <zeprox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:01 2004

Hello Charles and list,

Quite enjoyed your article and aerial photos of the CHUBB CRATER.

I have a 1950 WARD'S publication documenting Chubb's first two expeditions
to the impact site. Fascinating reading. Times sure have changed since back
then.

There was also a LIFE MAG Article published about the crater in 1951.

It is shame about the constant renaming of THE CHUBB CRATER.

The new 'eskimo' name is the 4th name it has been given. I guess the powers
that be love creating confusion because that is all that the ongoing
renaming accomplishes other than giving the false impression that we're all
just a bunch of eskimos up here in the great white north.

Anyway, hopefully someday logic will once again prevail and the crater will
be renamed by it's it's true and rightful name, it's original name, The
Chubb Crater.

The new bogus names could then go where they belong, tossed onto the
slag-heap of obscurity.

Szep, over & out...