[meteorite-list] Another kind of 'wrong

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:00 2004

--------------030003050002000502030106

Hello, Anne and the list,

I have had some raw samples of these "african tektites".
In fact they are green obsidian (volcanic glass), nothing
to do with the tektites.

It seems to me, the word tektite is quite widely used
in these african ones, and I´m affrraid also the brass
ones are the same origin.

Anyway, in the cutted gems it´s quite difficult to see the
difference between the tektite and the volcanic glass, so
the way to sell these as "tektites" looks at least questonable
to me.

best regards,

pekka s

--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND
+ 358 400 818 912
Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: eurocoin_at_smartgroups.com
--------------030003050002000502030106
<head>
</head>
Hello, Anne and the list,<br>
I have had some raw samples of these "african tektites".<br>
In fact they are &nbsp;green obsidian (volcanic glass), nothing <br>
to do with the tektites. <br>
It seems to me, the word tektite is quite widely used<br>
in these african ones, and I&acute;m affrraid also the brass<br>
ones are &nbsp;the same origin.<br>
Anyway, in the cutted gems it&acute;s quite difficult to see the<br>
difference between the tektite and the volcanic glass, so<br>
the way to sell these as "tektites" looks at least questonable<br>
to me.<br>
best regards,<br>
pekka s<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Impactika_at_aol.com">Impactika@aol.com</a> wrote:<br>
Hello members, <br>
What do you think of this one? <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2660158204">http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2660158204</a> <br>
and there are several others. <br>
Did any of you ever hear of these? &nbsp;Do you know the sellers? <br>
BTW, I was just offered some "tektites" from Brazil, uncut, but same color.
Very pretty color by the way.  <br>
Inquiring minds..............(you know) <br>
Anne M. Black <br>
www. IMPACTIKA.com <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com">IMPACTIKA@aol.com</a> <br>
  <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND