[meteorite-list] Rust removers

From: Charles R. Viau <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:58 2004

Pekka, Pierre and list,

        How about the electrolysis method , used by the late Mel Fisher.
He successfully removed years of tarnish, rust and crustaceous deposits
from all sorts of sunken metals objects from the Atocha, like cannon
balls, silver coins and combo gold/jewel artifacts with very little
detail impact on the original items. I wonder if that would work as well
for meteorites. There are a number of web sites that describe his
methods, I will try and come up with a few...

CharlyV IMCA 4351=20