[meteorite-list] strange meteor?

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:57 2004

Hello List, I was outside a few minutes ago and saw something I have not
seen before and was wondering if any of you have?
  I saw a nice sized meteor heading NW. What was different, was instead of
fading out, it broke up and seemed to slam on the brakes. It did not break
up into a few pieces like I have seen before, it looked like it
disintegrated, kind of becoming a cloud, but still bright enough to see.
Right after the break up it made a drastic deceleration then faded out.
  Just a funny thing, about two minutes later, I saw one in about the same
spot heading the opposite direction, but it just faded out like normal. :

Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168