Re-2: [meteorite-list] Denver / 'BL' meteorite

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:55 2004

Bernd and others,

It is hard to believe someone could confuse the BL (NWA 1685 or whatever)
material with some other material. To me, the individuals with its' thick
black crust, and beautiful shapes (some close to oriented) with many
remaglypts are quite distinguishable. For those who own or have seen the BL
material in person...they could probably pick a BL piece out a bunch of NWA's
with ease.

Fortunate owner of a 28 g slice and 198 gram individual(at a S T E A L)

John

The brecciated interior for those who have not seen it is a blue/grey color.
The only drawback to this material is some of it internally oxidized in
places, but otherwise it is one of the nicest stones I have.

John