[meteorite-list] In Agreement was Re: Shipping Charge Bottom Line

From: Paul <lenticulina1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:53 2004

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Groetz wrote:

> I think as I said before- the bottom
>line is the final price and it all comes
>out of the same pocket. I set what I am
>willing to pay in my mind (shipping
>included) and my highest bid when all
>totaled is that.
>Doesn't matter how it is figured up in
>the end.

I agree with Mike on this. I always check the
shipping price on anything that I bid. If the
shipping is out of line by X dollars, I just
subtract X dollars from the highest price that
I am willing to bid on the item.

The sellers of meteorites aren't the worst
about out-of-line shipping charges. There are
/ were some sellers of Russian trilobites that
charge, or were charging, 15.00 to 25.00
dollars for shipping charges for trilobites
that weigh was than most meteorites being
sold on Ebay.

>I really don't think anyone is fooled by
>this.

Possibly the sellers charging these shipping
charges are fooling themselves.

yours,

Paul
Baton Rouge, LA