[meteorite-list] RE: Meteor, Alsace France

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:52 2004

Hi Dave, hi list,

Here's a piece of evidence that might answer your question:

http://www.timewarp.de/new/Ensis2003a.jpg

The picture was taken after the opening of this years
Ensisheim fair, Alsace, France (right in front of the
Regency Palace). To the right, you'll spot the famous
Meteor beer tent. To the left, you have a group of funny
people with plates around their necks, and some diploma
in their hands, certifying that they drank more Meteor
beer than any other attendant ;-))

In fact, this is the group of people who got honored
this year and who became members of the St. George's
Fraternity of the Guardians of the Ensisheim meteorite.
>From left to right: Prof. Lefebvre (Belgium), myself,
Ali Hmani (Morocco), Sergey Vasiliev (Prague), and
Giorgio Tomelleri (Italy). To Giorgio's left you see
Marc Labenne lurking (the guy with the red T-shirt and
the sun glasses). There are some other list members
in the background - can you name 'em ;-?

Best,
Norbert

PS: Of course, the Meteor beer brand was named for the
famous Thunderstone of Ensisheim, long ago.