[meteorite-list] Brenham Meteorode Collector Indentification, Help

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:35 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0018_01C39B9C.7F728180

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to everyone that responded to my meteorode question. A couple lis=
t members are probley thinking, what is a meteorode?

Meteorode is one of our many Nininger termed items. These are the weathe=
red meteorites pulled out from "under and inside" of the brenham crater r=
im. Although Nininger found 1200 lbs of them, only one or two seem to ma=
ke their way to the market every six months or so. Nininger also made the=
 comment that these oxidized meteorites were so altered they could easily=
 be mistaken for ordinary iron concretions.

Mark
www.meteoritearticles.com

------=_NextPart_001_0018_01C39B9C.7F728180

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Hello Everyone=
,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Thanks to everyone that responded to my me=
teorode question.&nbsp; A couple list members are probley thinking, what =
is a meteorode?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Meteorode is one of our many=
 Nininger termed items.&nbsp; These&nbsp;are the weathered meteorites pul=
led out from "under and inside" of the brenham crater rim.&nbsp; Although=
 Nininger found 1200 lbs of them, only one or two seem to make their way =
to the market every six months or so.&nbsp;Nininger also made the comment=
 that these oxidized meteorites were so altered they could easily be mist=
aken for ordinary iron concretions.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Mark</DI=
V> <DIV><A href=3D"http://www.meteoritearticles.com">www.meteoritearticle=
s.com</A></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0018_01C39B9C.7F728180--