[meteorite-list] NWA 1083 (CR2) now cataloged

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:35 2004

Re: [MeteoriticalBulletin] Announcement 88-3

This message is to notify all NWA 1083 specimen
holders that your stone is now formally classified as
a CR2 and it now appears in MB 88:

(It took some time, but I was finally able to get this
stone's "type" (CR2) accepted and approved. I was
able to resolve the confusion surrounding its earlier
classification. In the process I had to donate my
portion of NWA 1083 to be the type specimen, in order
to make it formally cataloged. Holders of NWA 1083
specimens need not thank me. Getting another stone
cataloged is thanks enough. After all, that's what I
do for a hobby. Yet, having said that, it is my
distinct pleasure now to wash my hands of this entire
affair.)

Bob V.