[meteorite-list] re: Orissa Meteorite Fragments Classified as an Iron Meteorite

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:34 2004

hello Mike and others,

Or perhaps this is a chondrite with large metal veins, a la Portales Valley?
Just a thought. I think it is more likely that the news report is simply in
error.

- Marco

WOW, this is really pathetic! This meteorite an iron? They need to go take a
look at a piece of iron and learn what it is. It clearly is not the GSI
doing this, they have a pile of iron meteorites.
This meteorite is an H chondrite, veined/brecciated.
Any scientists out there that can speak with the Indians and clear this
little error up?
Mike Farmer

Dr Marco Langbroek

marco.langbroek_at_wanadoo.nl
meteorites_at_dmsweb.org
http://home.wanadoo.nl/marco.langbroek

"What seest thou else
 In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

                            William Shakespeare
                            The Tempest act I scene 2