[meteorite-list] Ad High quality pieces from NWA

From: Stefan Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:34 2004

  Dear List,

for all collectors and people interested in nice complete meteorites I
have made some webpages with sale offers of very beautiful stones.
http://www.meteoriten.com/special.html
I have selected the pieces within years from tons of weathered NWA
meteorites. They are all fresh meteorites mostly from different finds
weathered to a degree of maximum W1 with fine and interesting forms.
This quality is found very seldom in Morocco and less and less in recent
times. You can believe me that this is the best quality which is
available in NW-Africa and you will be thrilled by the pieces. A special
highlight are some extremly fine Agoult Individuals. For me, Agoult is
- next to the Stannern - the finest achondrite I have ever seen.
The unclassified meteorites are all chondrites. I did not see any sense
in classifying them because the completeness of the pieces would have
been damaged and there is no real scientific value in the
classification. Nevertheless some of the meteorites are classified and
the NWA numbers of the classified pieces will be handed out to the buyer
later.
In addition, I am offering the finest and last pieces of the H6 NWAxxx,
that is already known to some of the members of the list. Unfortunately
I did not get the NWA numbers by now. As soon as the numbers will be
available, I will communicate them to the buyers.
The prefered method of payment is Paypal. Please be so kind as to
understand that due to extremly high fees for cheques in Germany, I do
not accept cheques of less than 350 $. The pieces are shipped
immediately. Delivery to the USA by post will need approx. 1 - 2 weeks.
All pieces will be packed carefully and secure and up till now not a
single package has been lost on the way.

I have followed the dispute about so called "desert crap" on this list
with interest. It is right, that many of the meteorites offered by
moroccan mineral dealers are often unsightly, weathered and not very
interesting for collectors. In addition, the Moroccan dealers often have
no idea what they are actually selling. Nevertheless I do not regard NWA
meteorites as second class meteorites. Firstly, because they are coming
from space, as all meteorites, and secondly because the NWA gold rush
has made more extremly rare types available than ever before. A few
years ago you had to pay $500/g for an R-Chondrite - if you had been so
lucky as to get one at all. Now it is available for 20 $g without
problems. For me, the NWA boom is the most interesting that I ever
experienced as collector of meteorites. I think something like that will
very likely not happen again for the collector. We will all probably
need some years to understand what we have witnessed.

Best regards,

Stefan

SR-Meteorite
I.M.C.A. Member#3368