[meteorite-list] eBay policemen? ONE MORE TIME ....

From: E.J <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:25 2004

...Hey Folks! Where do we conduct IMCA related business? ......The IMCA
mailing list of course!!

(I am suggesting to the BOD (board of directors) at IMCA, that they
adopt a policy that ALL IMCA business be restricted to the IMCA list
unless specifically authorized otherwise. This Witch Hunt is out of
control!!!! Arrrrggggghhhh!HHHHH!)

Tom aka James Knudson wrote:

> <snip>
> Lets say someone new goes on ebay and sees a 2000g Campo described as
> "HUGE".......<snip>. He gets it and is thrilled with this Huge Campo.
> <-NOTE: he is thrilled you said so yourself

He gets the "BUG" and goes back to Ebay to look around. This time he
finds a 94lb Campo, but his campo was huge? So what is a buyer to think?
DON"T TRUST THEM DISHONEST IMCA MEMBERS, that whole bunch are full of
#&%$(# !!!!! ) Now what, buy from none IMCA members, OK, and it turns
out to be slag! Oh well, this meteorite collecting thing sucks! You can
not trust anyone!

I see you are impassioned about this but, has anyone come to you and
lodged a specific complaint? Or is this a debate about the number of
angels who can dance on the head of a pin? What punishment are you
advocating? Stoning them with their own auction? lol Tom you are old
enough to know that to men size is relative and subject to inflation in
their imaginations!! I don't see the "beef"!

> Thanks, Tom
> wondering if I should be the proudest member of the IMCA 6168

Well Frankly, I have always wondered how you got that title. I didn't
get the notice of competition! Not that I care who claims it, but how
can you attack other's freedom of expression and use the self proclaimed
title of "proudest member"? Do you see my point? Seems you are saying
that it is wrong only if it isn't your wording. (Yeah I know I sound
harsh but Don't wager it if you aren't willing to lose it and not whine.)

All kidding aside now.....

ONE MORE TIME: IMCA Business on IMCA net!!! Why is that such a hard
concept to follow? Post to your hearts content overthere.

IMCA has a procedure for approaching the sellers of questionable auctions.
IMCA has a procedure of taking up complaints against members who are
accused of violating the IMCA policies and the BOD will investigate and
decide who is in violation not the member.

That said, What do you want the meteorite central list members to do for
you?

Elton and Oldie BE