[meteorite-list] Re: [MeteoriteCollectors] BS AD: 20% offeverything on ...

From: Martin <Martin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:23 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C38DD7.D9287C20

Hello Michaels Blood&Cottingham,

I can't agree with Bood's opinion and in at least one point I have to =
defend Cottingham.
Since 3 years I'm reading his posted SALES and as far as the prices are =
concerned, they aren't especially cheap, they are quite the normal =
average prices for each locality and only very few pieces are below =
average.
In that respect he's an example for market stability.

I'm talking about the collecor's prices, not of the bulk trader prices =
or dealer's prices or singular "Blow Out" sales, nor from ebay.
Since years I'm compiling lists comparing the prices of the complete =
assortments of meanwhile 140 dealers and dealer/collectors worldwide.
Of course there are handfull dealers, who have a special high price =
level or much more highest prices on single meteorites than the average =
and those may be scared in sudden price developments or special offers =
(I don't want to argue about, because of course my lists can't reflect =
the quality of the offered pieces), but Cottingham's offers are in the =
very most cases simply average priced.

Of course there was a large crash of prices of especially among the rare =
types, but on the other hand the prices of most "classical" localities, =
"meteorites with names" vs. desert finds remained stable since 4 years =
(according to my lists) and some even raised in price.

Again, I'm not talking about ebay. And please don't email me, because =
you want to have my lists! It's a horrible work to make them and a good =
cook never will publish his book with secret receiples.

Regards!
Martin A.
------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C38DD7.D9287C20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello Michaels =
Blood&amp;Cottingham,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can't agree with Bood's opinion and =
in at least=20
one point I have to defend Cottingham.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Since 3 years I'm reading his posted =
SALES and as=20
far as the prices are concerned, they aren't especially cheap, they are =
quite=20
the normal average prices for each locality and only very few pieces are =
below=20
average.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In that respect he's an example for =
market=20
stability.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm talking&nbsp;about the collecor's =
prices, not=20
of the bulk&nbsp;trader prices or dealer's prices&nbsp;or singular "Blow =
Out"=20
sales, nor from ebay.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Since years I'm compiling lists =
comparing the=20
prices of the complete assortments of meanwhile 140 dealers and=20
dealer/collectors worldwide.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Of course there are&nbsp;handfull =
dealers, who have=20
a special high price level or much more highest prices on single =
meteorites than=20
the average and those may be scared in sudden price developments or =
special=20
offers (I don't want to argue about, because of course my lists can't =
reflect=20
the quality of the offered pieces), but Cottingham's offers are in the =
very most=20
cases&nbsp;simply average priced.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Of course there was a large crash of =
prices of=20
especially among the rare types, but on the other hand the prices of =
most=20
"classical" localities, "meteorites with names" vs. desert finds =
remained stable=20
since 4 years (according to my lists) and some even raised in=20
price.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Again, I'm not talking about ebay. And =
please don't=20
email me, because you want to have my lists! It's a horrible work to=20
make&nbsp;them and a good cook never will publish his book with secret=20
receiples.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Martin A.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C38DD7.D9287C20--