[meteorite-list] Re: [MeteoriteCollectors] BS AD: 20% off everything on ...

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:23 2004

Michael,
        Why don't I "PRAISE some of the CHEAPEST prices around?"
Read my article this month in METEORITE TIMES. If you read that
and STILL can't figure out why I don't "PRAISE some of the CHEAPEST
prices around?" Let me make it clear right here:
        When you offer merchandise for a given price, then offer the
same material later for less - then, if you don't sell all of it at that
price, you offer it later for even less - over and over and over, as
you do, Michael, you create several effects that go far beyond your
personal reality.
    For one thing, you give buyers the message they should never buy
now, wait, and the price will go down (however, this only badly hurts
all dealers, not necessarily the collectors.). However, you ALSO burn
ALL your own customers who paid more for this material when you
originally offered it.
    I buy something from you for $3.50/g and 2 weeks later you drop
the price to $1.75/g - I feel RIPPED OFF. (perhaps you STILL don't get
this, despite doing this to all of us who invested heavily in Wagon
Wheel - which you, then proceeded to GIVE AWAY. Those of us in for
$3.50 a gram felt really burned and I, for one, told you that strait to
your face and I KNOW several others who did as well.) ALSO, when
you do this, there is NO STABILITY in the meteorite market.
        Low prices, I am all for it. My collection has never been "gaining
weight" so fast. I can make just as much money dealing low priced
material as high priced material. No problem. It is the instability
that TOTALLY destabilizes everything
        It really doesn't matter (on a market level) whether meteorites
are "cheap" or "expensive" - of course, as a collector, I prefer them
cheap - but as a dealer, I don't care one way or the other. WHAT I DO
CARE ABOUT IS STABILITY. Without it, neither collectors OR dealers
can conduct business in a sane manor.
        Your CONSTANT "fire sales" followed by even greater fire sales
undermine that stability entirely. No one can reckon the "value"
of material, because the prices are running all over the board. But
you get your cash in hand NOW and that is all you care about.
        So, Michael, THAT is why I don't "praise some of the cheapest
prices around." Get it? Or, is it STILL too subtle for you?
        I resent it as a collector and I resent it as a dealer.
         Sincerely, Michael Blood

http://www.costofwar.com/
--
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is
taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we
do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.
--
SUPPORT OUR TROUPS:
http://www.takebackthemedia.com/onearmy.html
--