[meteorite-list] Meteorites in limestone (or in sandstone, 120 pcs in Finland?????)

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:20 2004

Hello, Martin and the list,

we have also some fossile ???micro-meteorites??? found in Finland in
sandstone,
in Koylio, some 1,4 Ga old ??? These was found in 1960, then confimed as
meteorites by Geological Survey of Finland and Munster university in 1998.

Some ???120 micrometeorites??? was found. Anyway, when more material was
collected, no meteorites was found at all. So in fact at the moment nobody
knows, where those 120 ??? micrometeorites??? came from, so itīs
possible, these
Koylio ???micrometeorites??? donīt exist at all. They were discretidet
later in 1990īs.

Jarmo Moilanen has a more spesific story on his site;

http://www.netppl.fi/~jarmom/geo/met/mkoyli_e.htm

I have tried to find a clear difference between a micrometeorites and
meteorites, so
if somebody has it, please, let me know. There are several very, very
small ones
listed in cataloque, but the real micrometeorites is a different thing
anyway, so the
clear description with a "micrometeorite" would be more than welcome.

take care,

pekka s