[meteorite-list] Ad - Rare Weekly Material Special

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:51 2004

Dear List Members,

This week we would like to introduce some Martian material that is paired to
NWA 480. All the we have are micromounts that we are starting out at 99
cents each.

NWA480/1460 Martian Meteorite

Northwest Africa 480/1460 is a Martian basaltic shergottite found December
2001 in Northwest Africa. NWA 1460 (provisional)(70.2 grams) is paired with
NWA 480 (28 grams) giving a Total Known Weight (TKW) of only 98.2 grams.
Virtually all of NWA480 has been committed to science so NWA1460 is all that
is available. We managed to get a few fragments when we were in the process
of purchasing NWA1460 from a Moroccan dealer. We donated most of the
fragments to the University of Washington for study who informed us it was
paired with NWA 480 and we kept the rest. The Maskelynite is clear and
looked like diamonds to the Moroccan dealer who did not know any better.
Being honest, we told the Moroccan dealer (Habbibi) what he really had and
then he changed the agreement with us and sold to another collector for a
much higher price. This meteorite is very fresh and looks as if it could
have fallen months ago. We are starting these fragments out at .99 a gram
and will let the market decide what they are worth. We have an extremely
limited amount of material so now may be the time to place a bid.

eBay Link:
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/meteoritelab/

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck!
We will be intoducing another stone later this week.

All the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185