[meteorite-list] Bad Buyer Alert

From: N Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:49 2004

------=_NextPart_000_00C1_01C3ABAA.091A1480

List,

Here's a guy so dishonest (in my opinion) that I'm worried about posting =
this. He's a relatively wealthy snake-oil salesman (in my =
opinion)/alternative medicine practitioner with a radio talk show in New =
York that has taken an interest in Tektites and Meteorites. His modus =
operandi is to gain your trust with smooth thousand dollar-plus =
transactions, then call you asking for a top-shelf item to be sent by =
next-day delivery. He will promise to send you payment on the same =
schedule. When you call asking where the money is, he will blame his =
staff and promise to take care of it. He will stop answering any =
attempts to communicate, even from your lawyer. He will not return the =
subject specimen.

He nailed me for $8000. Be warned.=20

I can't tell you his name because of continuing litigation.

However, if (in my opinion) his name resembles Dr. David Wheeler, and =
if his address resembles Lake Oswego, Oregon, and if he has a radio show =
in New York, (in my opinion) you would be wise to avoid business (?) =
transactions with him. Bear in mind that any resemblance to any real =
Dr. David Wheeler of Lake Oswego having a talk show in NY is pure =
coincidence (in my opinion).

I'm sure Dr. David Wheeler of Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA (if such a person =
exists in reality) is a fine upstanding citizen. The evil (in my =
opinion) guy that might seem to match his description, name, and address =
is a crook and common thief (in my opinion). I hate being ripped off =
and would hope to help avoid this for any of you on the list.

Cheers,

Norm
------=_NextPart_000_00C1_01C3ABAA.091A1480

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>List,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Here's a guy so dishonest (in my opinion) that I'm =
worried=20
about posting this.&nbsp; He's a relatively&nbsp;wealthy snake-oil =
salesman (in=20
my opinion)/alternative medicine practitioner with a radio talk show in =
New York=20
that has taken an interest in Tektites and Meteorites.&nbsp; His =
<EM>modus=20
operandi</EM>&nbsp; is to gain your trust with smooth thousand =
dollar-plus=20
transactions, then call you asking for a top-shelf item to be sent by =
next-day=20
delivery.&nbsp; He will promise to send you payment on the same =
schedule.&nbsp;=20
When you call asking where the money is, he will blame his staff and =
promise to=20
take care of it.&nbsp; He will stop answering any attempts to =
communicate, even=20
from your lawyer.&nbsp; He will not return the subject =
specimen.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>He nailed me for $8000. Be warned. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I can't tell you his name because of continuing=20
litigation.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>However, if (in my opinion)&nbsp; his name resembles =
Dr. David=20
Wheeler, and if his address resembles Lake Oswego, Oregon, and if he has =
a radio=20
show in New York, (in my opinion) you would be wise to avoid business =
(?)=20
transactions with him.&nbsp; Bear in mind that any resemblance to any =
real Dr.=20
David Wheeler of Lake Oswego having&nbsp;a talk show in NY is pure =
coincidence=20
(in my opinion).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm sure Dr. David Wheeler of Lake Oswego, Oregon, =
USA (if=20
such a person exists in reality) &nbsp;is a fine upstanding =
citizen.&nbsp; The=20
evil (in my opinion) guy that might seem to match his description, name, =
and=20
address&nbsp;is a crook and&nbsp; common thief (in my opinion).&nbsp; I =
hate=20
being ripped off and would hope to help avoid this for any of you on the =

list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Norm</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C1_01C3ABAA.091A1480--