[meteorite-list] Ownership Claimed for Asteroid 433 Eros

From: Grant L. Elliott <gle_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:45 2004

Let me get this straight. A person who sells beef jerky has laid ownership
claim to a highly publicized asteroid and has invoiced NASA for parking and
storage, and has also filed suit for damages. He might be better served if
he dumped a large order of coffee in his lap and sued McDonalds.Better yet,
ship him on a one way mission with a supply of his product to Eros or any
other asteroid of his choice with the understanding that whereever he goes,
it's his forever-

Beyond Belief, Grant Elliott