[meteorite-list] NP Article, 11-1817

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:44 2004

------=_NextPart_001_004D_01C3A436.71D9BC30

Paper: Edinburgh Advertiser =20
City: Edinburgh, Midlothian =20
Date: Friday, November 14, 1817

Another Stone fallen from the Skies! - As to this there can be no doubt; =
it was in Paris that the phenomenon was seen. On the 3d inst. before day-=
break, says a Paris Journal, a stone of the weight of 10 lbs. fell from t=
he sky into the court of the Swedish Hotel, in the street de Richelieu (?=
); It awoke by its noise all the persons who lodged in that Hotel. It bur=
ied two paving stones three inches deep; and, in short, spread in the cou=
rt a sulphureous smell difficult to be endured. We are assured that this =
sky-stone has been submitted to the learned men of the Institute to be an=
alyzed, in order to convince the most incredulous.

(Mark note: I can not find any reference to this meteorite in Meteorites =
A to Z).

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor=
 and meteorite articles.

------=_NextPart_001_004D_01C3A436.71D9BC30

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><B><FONT size=3D2> =
<P>Paper: Edinburgh Advertiser </P> <P>City: Edinburgh, Midlothian </P> <=
P>Date: Friday, November 14, 1817</P> <P>&nbsp;</P></B> <P>Another Stone =
fallen from the Skies! - As to this there can be no doubt; it was in Pari=
s that the phenomenon was seen. On the 3d inst. before day-break, says a =
Paris Journal, a stone of the weight of 10 lbs. fell from the sky into th=
e court of the Swedish Hotel, in the street de Richelieu (?); It awoke by=
 its noise all the persons who lodged in that Hotel. It buried two paving=
 stones three inches deep; and, in short, spread in the court a sulphureo=
us smell difficult to be endured. We are assured that this sky-stone has =
been submitted to the learned men of the Institute to be analyzed, in ord=
er to convince the most incredulous.</P> <P></FONT>&nbsp;</P> <P>(Mark no=
te: I can not find any reference to this meteorite in Meteorites A to Z).=
</P> <DIV><BR><BR>Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line=
 archive of meteor and meteorite articles.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_004D_01C3A436.71D9BC30--