[meteorite-list] Steve Schoner's meteorite anti-rust treatment.

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:44 2004

--0-1319905220-1068099166=:90552

By popular request, and a huge amount of e-mails regarding it, I post
it now and for as long as the internet exists at:

http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey/naoh.htm

You can post it anywhere, share it, distribute it widely, and do so
with the intent of preserving stubborn rusting meteorites that would
otherwise snap crackle and pop as they flake away on the shelves, keeping
one awake at night in the never ending cycle of terrestrialization.

This "anti-rusting" process will help slow that down so that we can
enjoy our specimens a bit longer.

Currently I am soaking a 150 lb Campo and it has been in solution for 7
months. Soon I will take it out and see where it is in the process.
It is the largest meteorite I have ever done in this process.

Some meteorites might not respond, but most do.

Steve Schoner
http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey