[meteorite-list] weight descrepency

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:44 2004

--------------090108030009020601020307

Hello, Steve and the list,

I have sent an e-mail to Carlos, but havenīt recived the reply yet. I
tried to make clear,
the meteorites is a different thing than minerals, and he has to give
exact weight of them
in the description, WITHOUT the packing material.

Got an e-mail from Nancy Starnd from Alaska, and perhaps this also
tells, in minerals is
important to know the total weight of the parcell to figure the
shipping. It makes no sence
to bid for piece some USD 2.00 and then pay USD 20.00 for the shipping.
But this
is in minerals, not in meteorites.

Iīll inform you immediatly, when recive the reply from Carlos. I
suppose, Iīm going to Spain
and Morocco this summer, so if this doesnīt work, I can show him, how to
weight a meteo-
rite and how to descripe the weight correctly in listnings. All this if
Iīm still alive after Siberia,
Iīm going to Irkustk in the end of June, and you can bet, itīs much
easier to make deals in
Sevilla than in Irkutsk...;-

Nancys mail as follows;

>Pekka

>I just sent Tom and Mike each a msg telling tehm we "rock" buyers
appreciate knowing the weight with packaging so we can figure postage
into our bidding. I also told >them not to be so anal. Which if I could
translate that into Norwegian, which is about the only other language
than English that I know a little bit of, I would! Some of the >folks on
this list are downright obsessive compulsive!

>But it is good to know there are others, like yourself, who can see
the reasoning for Carlos descriptions. And it is not fraud nor samming
when he says it in the descriptions. >I think they need to learn to deal
with it!

>Thanks. I don't know how to post to the list or I may have done so !

>Nancy Strand
>Petersburg, Alaska

take care,

pekka

--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND
+ 358 400 818 912
Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: eurocoin_at_smartgroups.com
--------------090108030009020601020307
<head>
</head>
Hello, Steve and the list,<br>
I have sent an e-mail to Carlos, but haven&acute;t recived the reply yet. I tried
to make clear,<br>
the meteorites is a different thing than minerals, and he has to give exact
weight of them<br>
in the description, WITHOUT the packing material.<br>
Got an e-mail from Nancy Starnd from Alaska, and perhaps this also tells,
in minerals is <br>
important to know the total weight of the parcell to figure the shipping.
It makes no sence<br>
to bid for&nbsp; piece some USD 2.00 and then pay USD 20.00 for the shipping.
But this<br>
is in minerals, not in meteorites.<br>
I&acute;ll inform you immediatly, when recive the reply from Carlos. I suppose,
I&acute;m going to Spain<br>
and Morocco this summer, so if this doesn&acute;t work, I can show him, how to
weight a meteo-<br>
rite and how to descripe the weight correctly in listnings. All this if I&acute;m
still alive after Siberia,<br>
I&acute;m going to Irkustk in the end of June, and you can bet, it&acute;s much easier
to make deals in<br>
Sevilla than in Irkutsk...;-<br>
Nancys mail as follows;<br>
&gt;Pekka <br>
&gt;I just sent Tom and Mike each a msg telling tehm we "rock" buyers appreciate
 knowing the weight with packaging so we can figure postage into our bidding.
 I also told &gt;them not to be so anal. Which if I could translate that
into  Norwegian, which is about the only other language than English that
I know a  little bit of, I would! Some of the &gt;folks on this list are
downright  obsessive compulsive! <br>
&gt;But it is good to know there are others, like yourself, who can see the
 reasoning for Carlos descriptions. And it is not fraud nor samming when
he  says it in the descriptions. &gt;I think they need to learn to deal with
it! <br>
&gt;Thanks. I don't know how to post to the list or I may have done so ! <br>
&gt;Nancy Strand <br>
&gt;Petersburg, Alaska &nbsp;<br>
take care,<br>
pekka<br>
Steven Drummond wrote:<br>
This far as I know, the buyers, which have  contacted Carlos, are all promised
to get the<br>
missing part of their stuff,  let&acute;s hope, these are weighted without the
 packing-material...;-</font><br>
&nbsp; And now Carlos reply when I asked for the  missing weight. I have sent
1 further email asking for the total missing weight  NOT INCLUDING PACKING
MATERIAL AND BOX...&nbsp; He owes my 85 grams  still..............</font></div>
&nbsp; <br>
We thank your  collaboration.&nbsp; <br>
&nbsp; <br>
We can send you another meteorite that  weighed, with the included packing,
about&nbsp;62 &nbsp;grams.&nbsp; <br>
I  believe that this it is the best solution, since us in our it paginates
of ebay  we explain that of the weight of the specimens clearly.</font></div>
 as a matter of fact he states that he will send a 62 grams  <strong>Including</strong>
 packing material and box. </div>
weight. </div>
&nbsp;</div>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND