[meteorite-list] Package arrival re: Ebay Item #2175659927

From: LabNEMS <staff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:44 2004

Steve / Gregory / Ron / Matteo / All

Mr Dan Ray, representing Ebay Item #2175659927
did send a second box to us for examination. The following
is an email posted to Mr Ray and his response, with permission
to post, to the community.

Best,

Russ Kempton, NEMS

Hi Dan:

Your package - one box, Priority Mail - arrived and is
secure in the NEMS vault for the holiday weekend.

I have not seen it yet and at my direction it has not
been opened or examined in any way. I will do this
sometime next week.

I am requesting your permission to sample the material
as required to positively determine a meteoritic origin. This
includes petrology and, if needed, microprobe examination.

All tests are non-destructive but may result in a loss of several
grams of material due to the nature of specimen preparation.

I am also requesting the option of getting second opinions
if necessary and sharing our findings including images and emails
(this one included) with the meteoritical community.

In the interest of resolving the true nature of these specimens
and for the betterment of the meteoritical community all ( $$ ) charges
will be absorbed by New England Meteoritical.

Do I have your permission to proceed in the above manner?

Sincerely,

Russ Kempton, Director
New England Meteoritical

To: LabNEMS <staff_at_meteorlab.com>
Subject: Re: Package arrival

You bet Russ, wouldn't have it any other way! I appreciate all your
help in the matter.

thanks

Dan Ray