[meteorite-list] Item #2175659927 - What IF it is Iron-shale?

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:43 2004

I think that the best approach is to simply say "iron
shale" rather than "iron meteorite."

On old specimens, with obscure labels, it should be
very obvious what is the type of specimen being
offered.

But one think is certain, "iron shale" is not the same
as "iron meteorite."

However, there are some "iron shales" such as
Huccitta, that are very interesting... and they still
show the olivine in dark shades, and best of all...

THEY DON'T RUST!

LOL !

Steve Schoner
http://www.geocities.com/meteorite_identification