[meteorite-list] Item #2175659927

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:43 2004

As for me, I make it clear that I won't send back
samples at my site and in e-mail. This is to reduce
the huge amount of time that it take me to go back to
the Post Office, and the associated postal costs.

It is a practice that I stick by, and it also reduces
the huge volume of otherwise meteorwrongs that come my
way.

(You will be amazed at how many rocks come my way)

And also, should the specimen that they sent be be a
meteorite, further investigation will be necessary, in
which case the piece, or at least a major portion of
it will be sent to a university for destructive
testing.

Steve Schoner/AMS
http://www.geocites.com/meteorite_identification

Steve Schoner