[meteorite-list] Re:Meteorite question

From: Yellowengine_at_aol.com <Yellowengine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:43 2004

I would think that the term "strewn field" would only be implied when multiple specimens of the same fall are located within a defined area, which is designated as the strewn field of that particular fall. Single stones which are analytically verified to be from separate falls (e.g. a DAG or an NWA) found within a the same vicinity would not represent a strewn field unless additional specimens of one, or both of them was discovered. In that case it would represent two separate strewn fields that just so happen to overlap each other. Just my opinion.

-Ryan