[meteorite-list] Item #2175659927

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:43 2004

Thinking that I might have missed something in using
an old 256K color LCD screen... I changed computers to
see the images more clearly at 16 bit color... and
clearly the images seen are NOT CANYON DIABLO IRON
METEORITES.

There is no way, based upon the pictures in this
auction that these are even remotely Canyon Diablo
meteorites.

This auction, with all the scrutiny is still going
on... And now there is a bidder?

If that is what he is bidding on... based on the NEMS
papers ?

humm...

I stand by my assertion based on what I see in the
pictures... These are NOT Canyon Diablo meteorites.

And if the seller still thinks they are... and his
camera is not capturing the true nature of these
pieces... he better get a better camera.

At very least remove the letter from NEMS, an IMCA
member in good standing, until the question is
resolved as to whether the pieces displayed even
relate to the analysis that NEMS conducted.

But the pictures as they are are clear enough to tell
the story.

The auction in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2175659927

Steve Schoner/AMS