[meteorite-list] Ad - Weekly rare material plus bonus

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:42 2004

Dear List Members,

This week we would like to introduce two meteorites, one rare and one very
odd. The rare one is a Basaltic Eucrite named NWA 1647. We know what you
are thinking, what is so rare about a Basaltic Eucrite? NWA 1647 was
submitted as an IMB. There is not a single square centimeter of this
meteorite that does not have glassy shock veins running through it. Another
oddity is that no metal was found, even at the Scanning Electron Microscope
level during several probe sessions. The matrix is light green and the crust
is translucent charcoal colored. When we first started analyzing it in the
probe we thought we had a Norite but the ratios were not lunar. This is one
gorgeous meteorite priced well below several other eucrites with much higher
TKWs.

The second item is a very metal-rich H5 named NWA 1792. What is odd about
this meteorite is that it looks like it has more metal than an EH. It is
very fresh with a rating of W1 and is not shocked rating an S1. One look at
this beauty and you will know why we originally thought that it was an
Enstatite.

The bonus is that we are rotating our weird clast (WC) collection freeing up
some material for others to enjoy. We are running several auctions with a
range of oddities including achondritic clasts, super halos, metal veins,
black clasts, super breccias, one-of-a-kind complete meteorites and more,
all starting at 99 cents. We went through the trouble of double
photographing these to try to show off their special features. Even if you
are not interested in purchasing any of these you may find it interesting to
browse the auctions.

To look at NWA 1647, NWA 1792 and the WCs check out the eBay link below: Be
sure to scroll down to see the secondary images on the WCs. You can find
the WCs by looking for the WC suffix at the end of the title.

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/meteoritelab/

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Best Regards,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185