[meteorite-list] Park Forest Fireball

From: dlj0202_at_access-4-free.com <dlj0202_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:41 2004

Bob,

   I saw the fireball as I was driving home that night,
about 30 miles northwest of Park Forest. There was only 1
fireball. I did see 3 "fragments" come off of the main body
when it appeared, but these were small compared to the
object and had obviously just been part of it. There wasn't
a second fireball. If you are referring to the "second"
fireball that was shown just before the video ended back at
the shot of the newscasters, that was a repeat of the first
part of the video.

Dave Johnson

> Hello List,
>
> I have a question for those who have seen the footage of
the PF fireball
> taken from a police squad car in Michigan. I know its on
the DVD that Mike
> Farmer and Rob Wesel produced.
> It clearly shows two different fireballs. I was wondering
if anyone could
> speculate that there were two separate meteoroids that
entered the
atmosphere
> , or is it separation of one meteoroid.
> If you look at the footage , there is quite a delay
between the two