[meteorite-list] check out Vesta

From: Dave Mouat <dmouat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:41 2004

Dear Listees:
Speaking of Millbillillie, I easily spotted Vesta last night with a good pair of
binoculars. It doesn't hurt that I'm observing from 6,000' (1800m). It is
about 1/5th the way from Denebola to Spica. The star charts from Sky and
Telescope's April, May, and June issues really help as they show its position
relative to some very nearby stars; it has also been moving slowly the past few
nights (and most likely the next few!!) from Denebola toward Spica. The
movement pretyy much ascertains it as an asteroid. It's nice to be able to see
where your eucrites, howardites, and diogenites most likely came from.
Cool viewings
Dave