[meteorite-list] Lunar eclipse / meteoroid flash watch

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:40 2004

On Thu, 15 May 2003, wrecks463 wrote:

> Did anyone see a flash on the moon in the upper right side at
> about 8:05 Az time? I did....I think,lol.

Actually, I was watching for meteoroid impacts, but didn't spot
anything during totality. I'll be curious to see if any observatory
(or even amateurs) with CCD-equipped scopes captured any lunar impact
flashes when they review their videos.

The eclipse looked great from southern California -- quite a bit
darker than I expected given that there hasn't been that much
worldwide volcanic activity in the past couple years. Part of
the darkness may have been due to the Moon's low elevation from
my west coast viewing location... --Rob