[meteorite-list] Barringer Meteor $$$$

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:37 2004

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C3159D.BB929360

To all those that do not live in Arizona...the reason so much trouble,
exploitation, hassle and all around confusion regarding the crater =
exists is
because it is in ARIZONA. If you do not live here you will never =
understand.

We are the home of Green Bologna, Pink Underwear, Sheriff Joe, The
Alternative Fuels Scandal, and most recently a court that is willing to =
hear
a $42 million dollar lawsuit by illegal aliens in our state whose family
members died in the desert due to our not erecting water stations so =
they
can enter our country illegally without fear of dying of thirst in the
desert. Now not that I am so cold as to not care about human life, but =
if
you are going to break international law, illegally cross an =
international
border, trust your life to a coyote who only cares about the money your
paying him, and try to cross 500 miles of the most hellish land in the
United States completely unprepared and think that you should be paid =
for
being stupid....then Arizona is the place to be.

If you care about a Crater, urban sprawl, water conservation, pollution =
over
the not so Grand because you can hardly see it Canyon, protection of =
wild
places, overgrazing of the desert by cattle that are not used for human
consumption, then you might consider another state.

If you want Meteor Crater treated correctly, protected and made a
National/Natural monument then the solution is simple....Move the crater =
another state. Hard as that sounds...if you lobby the right politicians =
in
Arizona you will probably find enough of them that will agree with you =
and
fund the project with state tax dollars...after all our schools are =
ranked
almost dead last in this country so if the politician(s) is/are native =
Arizona...he/she/they won't be much smarter than your average shoe.

Sorry for ranting...but unless you live here you will never understand =
this
state.

Thanks for listening...

Mark M.