[meteorite-list] NWA 1584 A Very Fresh LL5 - Special Sale

From: Iris Lang <rockgirl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:36 2004

Dear List members,

It's been a while since our last special monthly sale, but our latest
offering is now up on the website and ready for viewing. Our current
special offer is NWA 1584, a particularly fresh LL5.

A single stone weighing 3,250 g was purchased in Morocco, and
numbered NWA 1584. Petrographic analysis was performed at Johnson
Space Center by M. Zolensky, and this meteorite was classified as a
very fresh (W1) LL5 chondrite, which has been very weakly shocked to
stage S2. All specimens on offer are slices or end cuts, finished
with diamond laps to the highest standard.

Photographs of NWA 1584 for sale here:
http://www.nyrockman.com/special.htm

Our online catalog features nearly a hundred different recognized
meteorites including many witnessed falls, a wide selection of Lunar
and Martain material, Abee, Atlanta, DAG 313 (amphoterite), Divnoe,
Djoumine, Estherville, Goalpara, Homestead, Hvittis, Juvinas,
Kainsaz, Maralinga, Monroe, Noblesville, Parnallee, Portales Valley,
Stannern, Tierra Blanca, Tuxtuac, Winona and much more.

Meteorite catalog here: http://www.nyrockman.com/catalog.htm

Thank you for your interest.

Iris Lang
www.nyrockman.com