[meteorite-list] Interesting photos

From: Thetoprok_at_aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:35 2004

--part1_1ea.7fcb7c5.2be5ef5e_boundary

Hello List,
I have recently taken a few more pictures of a Park Forest specimen. I know
it is really nothing more than an L-5, ord. chondrite, but I think some of
the features I have photographed are anything but '"ordinary" ! My opinion of
course, but you gotta check it out. There are two features that are
particularly interesting, first is a pyramid with a blemish in the center, of
what I am guessing to be nickel/iron, since it is located in a vug that is
inside of that sort of material. The other is a picture of a very colorful
"fingerprint".
You can go to Jeff's site at www.meteoritesaustralia.com Go to the
meteorite 'space', the 2nd page of the "Atkins Team" Park Forest meteorite
page, last few pics.
Any of you out there that may be a bit more informed on these things may want
to comment on the colorful "fingerprint" as well as the mechanics that are
involved in making a pyramid shaped crystal of this size and shape in a
meteorite.
Thanks,
Larry Atkins

--part1_1ea.7fcb7c5.2be5ef5e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hello List,<BR>
I have recently taken a few more pictures of a Park Forest specimen. I know=20=
it is really nothing more than an L-5, ord. chondrite, but I think some of t=
he features I have photographed are anything but '"ordinary" ! My opinion of=
 course, but you gotta check it out. There are two features that are particu=
larly interesting, first is a pyramid with a blemish in the center, of what=20=
I am guessing to be nickel/iron, since it is located in a vug that is inside=
 of that sort of material. The other is a picture of a very colorful "finger=
print". <BR>
You can go to Jeff's site at www.meteoritesaustralia.com&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; G=
o to the meteorite 'space', the 2nd page of the "Atkins Team" Park Forest me=
teorite page, last few pics.<BR>
Any of you out there that may be a bit more informed on these things may wan=
t to comment on the colorful "fingerprint" as well as the mechanics that are=
 involved in making a pyramid shaped crystal of this size and shape in a met=
eorite.<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
Larry Atkins</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ea.7fcb7c5.2be5ef5e_boundary--