[meteorite-list] Meteorite "fall" Vs. "Shower"

From: MrX3010_at_aol.com <MrX3010_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:55 2004

--part1_19a.12b5f9a0.2bb9cbb8_boundary

I have a proposition can anyone anywhere please tell me why every time there
is a "meteorite fall" the media repeatedly calls it a meteor shower? I mean
we all know what a meteor shower is. Is there anyway to educate these
people? They are supposed to be the ones reporting the news and educating
others. I know this seems to be no big deal but think of it like this.
Every time one of these ill informed media outlets makes a statement about a
meteor fall and calls it a "shower" it's usually reported in the morning
before most go to work or school. Work and school is where everyone
including teachers spreads the false information like wildfire. Im just
curious does this bother anyone else but me?

Thanks,
Ron

--part1_19a.12b5f9a0.2bb9cbb8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000a0" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Times New Roman" LANG=3D"0">I have a proposition can anyo=
ne anywhere please tell me why every time there is a "meteorite fall" the me=
dia repeatedly calls it a meteor shower?&nbsp; I mean we all know what a met=
eor shower is.&nbsp; Is there anyway to educate these people?&nbsp; They are=
 supposed to be the ones reporting the news and educating others.&nbsp; I kn=
ow this seems to be no big deal but think of it like this.&nbsp; Every time=20=
one of these ill informed media outlets makes a statement about a meteor fal=
l and calls it a "shower" it's usually reported in the morning before most g=
o to work or school.&nbsp; Work and school is where everyone including teach=
ers spreads the false information like wildfire.&nbsp; Im just curious does=20=
this bother anyone else but me?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
Ron</FONT></HTML>

--part1_19a.12b5f9a0.2bb9cbb8_boundary--