[meteorite-list] Thuathe eBay - meteoritelab - Clarification

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:54 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0165_01C2F62F.575B6B20

Dear list members,

As many of you have seen, I have posted several specimens of the Thuathe =
, Lesotho fall on eBay that Adam, myself and Alan Lang introduced at the =
Tucson show. I have received several emails asking about another =
dealer's comments that he heard that the material we received had been =
soaked in water. This is absolutely false! It was merely a marketing =
ploy on his part to get sales. I have heard from customers who have =
purchased from us and the others and commented that both specimens are =
EXACTLY alike, same condition, etc. The only difference is that the =
specimens we have listed do not have the finder's statements. Remember =
that these are still the same material from the SAME fall.

My comment in the eBay description regarding a woman "blessing" a stone =
with holy water does not refer to any of the specimens we have on eBay. =
It is simply one of the many exciting stories about the human =
interaction regarding the fall, similar to the many that have and will =
come out of the Park Forest fall.

I have started them out at $4.00 per gram with a "Buy it Now" at $6.00 =
per gram. I am merely passing on the savings we received by being the =
first to receive these and were able to purchase them at a decent price. =
What you see is what we have left for sale, we will be keeping anything =
else in our collection.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please email me off list at =
gmhupe_at_attbi.com=20

Thank you and best regards,

Greg Hupe
IMCA 2185
The Hupe Collection

------=_NextPart_000_0165_01C2F62F.575B6B20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear list members,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As many of you have seen, I have posted =
several=20
specimens of the Thuathe , Lesotho fall on eBay that Adam, myself and =
Alan Lang=20
introduced at the Tucson show. I have received several emails asking =
about=20
another dealer's comments that he heard that the material we received =
had=20
been&nbsp;soaked in water. This is absolutely false! It was merely a =
marketing=20
ploy on his part to get sales. I have heard from customers who have =
purchased=20
from us and the others and commented that both specimens are EXACTLY =
alike, same=20
condition, etc. The only difference is that the specimens we have listed =
do not=20
have the finder's statements. Remember that these are still the same =
material=20
from the SAME fall.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My comment in the eBay description =
regarding a=20
woman "blessing" a stone with holy water does not refer to any of the =
specimens=20
we have on eBay. It is simply one of the many exciting stories about the =
human=20
interaction regarding the fall, similar to the many that have and will =
come out=20
of the Park Forest fall.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have started them out at $4.00 per =
gram with a=20
"Buy it Now" at $6.00 per gram. I am merely passing on the savings we =
received=20
by being the first to receive these and were able to purchase them at a =
decent=20
price. What you see is what we have left for sale, we will be keeping =
anything=20
else in our collection.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If anyone has any questions or =
comments, please=20
email me off list at <A =
href=3D"mailto:gmhupe_at_attbi.com">gmhupe@attbi.com</A>=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you and best =
regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greg Hupe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>IMCA 2185</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Hupe Collection</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0165_01C2F62F.575B6B20--