[meteorite-list] Is any Park Forest meteorite available for sale yet?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:53 2004

> > First a quick correction. The new fall in Illinois

> > is "Park Forest".

Hey Steve!
When you made your "correction" you should have
revised the Subject title at the same time.

The continuing use of this subject title is confusing
some people. That title has to do with another thread
started by Mark Bostick about another meteorite
correctly called "Forest City". See these URLs:

http://www.meteoriteguy.com/forestcity.htm
http://meteorites.pdx.edu/meteoriteid.htm
http://nyrockman.com/museum/forest-city-325.htm

I know both you and Michael Blood understand this, but
you would be surprised how quickly something this
small gets all "wrapped around the axle" and "tangled
in the spokes"! ;-)

Thanks,
BOb V.

[meteorite-list] Is any Forest City [sic] meteorite
available for sale yet?
Steve Witt stelor96_at_yahoo.com
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 06:43:11 -0800 (PST)

Michael,