[meteorite-list] Petrologic types

From: (wrong string) ørn Sørheim <bsoerhei_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:47 2004

Hei Lars,
Even finer grading, lowest value of 3.x means the chondrules
are the most distinct, higher values that they become
more 'blured'. But even 3.8 are quite distinct since
it's 3, not 4,5,6 in the first place.

I think it's only the petrologic type 3 that have this subdivision,
it's not so much needed, or it's no so easy to make
a coherent subdivision in the less distinct 1-2 & 4-5-6.
That's as far as I understand it, at least ...

Bjørn Sørheim