[meteorite-list] Use of magnets for meteorite hunting

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:45 2004

Hello List, It seems to me, a beginner, that you can use a magnet to find
the first meteorite then all the searching in the area should be done
without one. After the first find you would know what you are looking for.
Then if it turns out to be a strewn field they can test one of the others
for all the magnetic stuff? If your first find turns out to be the only one,
Bummer! I personally like a magnet just because I am to lazy to keep bending
over and picking up rocks! ( not to mention the pain in the back by the end
of the hunt)

Thanks, Tom
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168